|
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
VICTOR VICTORIA (9 NOV)Went with partner Grace to watch this! Overall it's good but of course if I were to nitpick at it, there's certainly parts which aint satisfactory. It's my first musical so no matter what, I enjoyed it! GOOD POINTS. -I love the stage setting! The play is set in 1930s Paris and there's those quaint buildings, bright show lights and dainty tea cups. The props are just awesome. (Note: "Paris in the 1930s has the aura of a "ship of fools." On the surface, the city sustained its well-deserved reputation as the great cultural center of Europe. It remained a mecca for artists and intellectuals from around the world, including American expatriates (e.g., Hemingway, Henry Miller, Gertrude Stein) who constituted the "lost generation." Tragically, while Dali and Picasso painted, while existentialists debated in Left Bank cafes, while proponents of haute couture thrived, the social and political rot gnawing at the innards of the Third Republic accelerated." "worldwide center for the artistic avant-garde and in a way became the world capital for freethinking intellectuals.") -I love the costumes! Well mainly because I always adore top hats, tailcoats, voluminous dresses and ridiculous hair accessories. The plot has this "She-Is-A-He" and "He-Is-A-She" theme going on so the dancers have androgynous costumes at times. For example, in the first scene I'm quite sure one of the male dancers was dressed in some sort of corset+garter attire. I couldnt quite believe my eyes. I love the glittery, shiny costumes for the nightclub scenes in Chicago. -I love the dance choreography! Those ballroom dancing, tango, salsa(?) and the others which I cant identify. -Is hilarious! Especially the scenes with Norma Cassidy (played by Nicole Stinton), and where she sings "Paris Makes Me Horny". Grace & I laughed our asses off. "Paris makes me horny; It's not like "Californy" Paris is so dizzy; Jack , it's such an aphrodisiac! oooooh!It's true. Paris thrills me. When I see the Eiffel Tower, I have to go and take a shower. It's true, I do. Paris kills me, And it makes me sexy. As for Madrid, save it for El Cid. Dinin' at the Lido loosens my libido Like a big torpedo." Not-So-Good Points -Lauren Fygi is the lead, and she's this international jazz sensation. However, I dont enjoy her voice much, it's too rough for my liking. I like those smooth like vanilla lol. -Dance steps were often not neat. During the intermission, I told Grace that I wish Chicago: The Musical would come to Singapore because I loooove the songs & costumes and that night when I checked my email, Sistic newsletter tells me that CHICAGO: THE MUSICAL IS COMING TO SINGAPORE FROM 16APRIL TO 9 MAY 2010! *excited* It will be the Australian cast which makes me just a littttttttleeeee sad because I love the London cast the most. The tickets are expensive by the way. -___- Claire Moore from Phantom of the Opera is screaming through my Itunes right now. Her tremolo makes me so happy. Labels: theatre |
the demented
rveldds; jjvb
only asking for
constants to remain constant
alien-speak
to outer space
cherrie
cheryl ee suan eileen grace (partner) junkai kailin kwan linda maggie mee michelle ning qian olivia qianyue qianzhi serene sheena sheila stella sonjia szeying theresa tricia weilin wesley winnie yining zihui Little People Street Art PostSecret Postcrossing seen
o' hail
Designer: SPLASH!Resources: 1 | 2 |