|
Sunday, November 21, 2010
My idea of chilling out, of relaxing; is hanging out at Starbucks and reading a book. It can also be sitting at somewhere random, observing people, sketching people. I'm also fine with being with friends, doing nothing in particular but talking. It is definitely not about going to clubs, going drinking then get drunk & do wild/stupid things. It's not that doing these things are wrong, I'm just not fond of them. Thus by definition, I'm a boring person. I dont usually hang out late into the night, play pool, go prawning, have supper 'cause... cab fares are expensive and there's many things which I rather spend those money on. It is fun hanging out late once in a while but it's not something that I would or could, do everyday.So what I'm trying to say here is that, I dont lead an exciting life & that I'm probably seen as a boring person by general standards. I'm perfectly fine with that most of the time because as long as Im happy, I shouldnt give a fuck to what other people think. But sometimes you'll be reminded of how "boring" you're by the people around you because they are so "out there" and you're like blah. To have a friend tell you that reading a book on indie culture is so "boring" is just plain rude, insensitive and inconsiderate. Hello?! What happened to RESPECT?! Respecting the fact that people are different. Demeaning what I like to do is just.. -face palm- I think sometimes I expect too much out of people and hence when they behave below my expectations, I get ridiculously upset.... But I do kind of forgive this friend as I feel that she dont understand things like these because it has never been an issue in her life and hence she never think about it. I'm gonna continue buying lots lots of books, going to theatre performances, collecting LEGO, attending Book Club meetings, doing book reviews, engaging in all forms of visual arts, writing letters to people etc, all of which are activities that I enjoy. ..Boring? Fuck labels. I like girls. So what. ((To any of my friends who still read my dead blog, dont be too alarmed. I'm just experiencing a moment of angst and generally being rather pissy about people & stupid boys. I'm quite sure all these negativity will dispel by tomorrow morning so yeah, I'm off to shower and my painting.)) Labels: thoughts |
the demented
rveldds; jjvb
only asking for
constants to remain constant
alien-speak
to outer space
cherrie
cheryl ee suan eileen grace (partner) junkai kailin kwan linda maggie mee michelle ning qian olivia qianyue qianzhi serene sheena sheila stella sonjia szeying theresa tricia weilin wesley winnie yining zihui Little People Street Art PostSecret Postcrossing seen
o' hail
Designer: SPLASH!Resources: 1 | 2 |