|
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
The trick lies in looking like a girl who is dressing up like a boy rather than dressed like a boy.Dont think I'm making sense. Whenever I browse through fashion blogs I feel so oddly superficial. Because fashion does make people superficial. Okay, I understand that this is a sweeping statement but let me share my observations. I've often observe the behavior of the fashion students in my school and though they exude an air of confidence but how often is this marred by that superior air, the upward tilt of the head and the downward roll of their eyeballs. Well so they may be one of those few who are labeled as people with "good fashion sense" but it is necessary to rub it in other people's faces? I'm not saying that all of them are like that but more the prominent ones appear to be like that. I guess having good dress sense is like a trophy these days, one that requires flaunting coupled with a swagger in 'ya walk. The world wide web is a guilty perpetuator of such behavior. What's the point of dressing so awesomely when there's no one to see? OH! I'll put it on the net and everyone will be able to witness how incredibly awesome I am! ...Which brings me to the topic of narcissism. Social networking sites, blogs, these are places where we whore ourselves constantly. There's nothing wrong, even I do it. The only problem is that once this becomes the "in" thing, it borders on excessive, which then gets tiring and leads to a whole bunch of other issues. So sometimes I think its ridiculous to follow fashion blogs but I do it anyway. I'm ridiculous. Pardon me for my incessant rambles , do take everything with a pinch of salt 'cause I'm not serious obviously. Labels: comment on life |
the demented
rveldds; jjvb
only asking for
constants to remain constant
alien-speak
to outer space
cherrie
cheryl ee suan eileen grace (partner) junkai kailin kwan linda maggie mee michelle ning qian olivia qianyue qianzhi serene sheena sheila stella sonjia szeying theresa tricia weilin wesley winnie yining zihui Little People Street Art PostSecret Postcrossing seen
o' hail
Designer: SPLASH!Resources: 1 | 2 |