|
Friday, November 25, 2011
I decided that there are some things to rant about hence I'm back here!Well, I've started a job at this huge company doing retail & of course I'm not gonna mention the name here because well, I dont want to get into trouble that's for sure. This company that I've started working with, places a HUGE emphasis on looks, most of the girls I see working with me are good-looking, if not well groomed. I've caught a glimpse of those whose positions require "good looks" as part of the job requirements and they are jaw-dropping pretty I tell you, no joke k. As for the dudes, well I'm not interested so I didnt really look at them except having the impression that they're mostly gorilla-sized. What spurred this rant is this one day, when we were all queuing up to receive the stock from TNT, and I was alone behind this group of dudes who were talking loudly about the job. Obviously I overheard so I made a comment. They kinda just, spared me a glance and went back to their loud talking. This is fine with me, since I did feel that my comment was kinda random and slightly awkward, BUT, one of the dudes gave me a judging look. That fired me up but I managed to keep my cool thinking, poor pre-pubercent boys who dont know how to talk to girls. Then the next day, I saw this same dude chatting to two random girls and being able to hold a conversation reasonably well and I was like, HOLY THIS BASTARD. I think working in this company really made me feel more conscious and insecure about my looks. Of course I'm not gonna hole myself up & cry, I'm feeling more of anger than anything. The entire place is like a social playground, the girls giggled at the boys not-funny-at-all jokes and the boys only talk to the pretty girls. It makes me so mad that I just wanna shout, GROW. THE. FUCK. UP. I know it's normal, but it just saddens me how superficial this society can be and how this mentality is being perpetuated in this environment. I've gotten to know some people, mostly girls because you know I cant be bothered to talk to most guys when they look like they think with their dicks. And yes, some of these girls, they aint your typical pretty good looking girls but the way they smile, the way they speak and the way they work, has a certain allure. What I meant to say here, good looks aint everything if your character sucks & you show how shallow you're when you speak. I think it's more important to be well-groomed, like you know how to make yourself look presentable more and know how to dress differently for different occasions. At this point, I really wanna rant about the guys, but then again, I cant be bothered to. I think my frustration stems from having to interact with people who aint exactly at the same level of maturity as I am. I'm not saying that I'm super mature, I'm just saying that I view certain things differently now.
|
the demented
rveldds; jjvb
only asking for
constants to remain constant
alien-speak
to outer space
cherrie
cheryl ee suan eileen grace (partner) junkai kailin kwan linda maggie mee michelle ning qian olivia qianyue qianzhi serene sheena sheila stella sonjia szeying theresa tricia weilin wesley winnie yining zihui Little People Street Art PostSecret Postcrossing seen
o' hail
Designer: SPLASH!Resources: 1 | 2 |